Sunday, June 15, 2008

i hate these introductory posts

"I want to make a ray of sunshine and never leave home."
- Gotta Have You by The Weepies
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Hi. I'm Lauren. Nice to meet you too."
I've written plenty of blogs before - I was the face behind Teen Fashion Bible, which went under during my anti-fashion phase after I came back from the wilderness of Colorado after a month of backpacking. But I'm back, because I really enjoyed having something to do when I was bored. A girl can only go on Facebook and redo her Myspace profile so many times in a day... (not like I'm complaining...)
Here are a few basic things about me that you might want to know before anything else.
1) Right now I am listening to Way Back Into Love from the Music and Lyrics Soundtrack on iTunes while my younger brother practices his trombone five feet away from me.
2) I am lying on my dad's office's pull out bed/couch thing because my room has been infested with little box elder beetles, which are harmless, yet I happen to have a great fear of insects. Bah.
3) Summer started for me on June 12th, 2008 at 10:30 a.m. At this time I preceded to jump out of my english classroom and yell, "Whoopaa!" Everyone in the hall stopped in their tracks and stared at me.
4) In the past month I've bought almost 100 songs on iTunes. Yes, I'm a song whore.
5) I am a musical theater geek, and finished up a nine show run of Les Miserables. I played Cosette and it was fantastic. I have to say my costumes were the best in the show because I never had to wear rags!
6) As you probably concurred from my last post, I am a high soprano. I was recently able to hit a high D sharp, which made me extremely happy.
7) I bite my nails, so I will never write any posts on here about cute names and colors of nail polish, because I simply just don't paint my nails. They are too short and ugly.
8) My hand is falling asleep and it is tingly. Eep.
9) My friend Catherine and I are attending the Jonas Brothers concert on July 17th and I am actually looking forward to it.
10) This summer, I will be gone for approximately five weeks. Wahoo!
Updates soon - I'll be working on a header for BYT soon!

• photo credits go to my friendsie sarah. modeling done by moi =)

No comments: